1. True love cannot be C , and it is priceless.
A. brought B. caught C. bought D. broad
2. Finally the crowd broke (up) _ D____ several groups. A. within B. in C. at D. into
3. Being afraid of the dark, she always slept A the light on. A. with B. by C. beside D. of
4. John is not C whether Eddie likes the picture of him and his family. A. ensure B. assure C. sure D. surely
5. When he got C the train, he didn’t know where he was. A. on B. up C. off D. at
6. She went into the street and A a taxi home. A. took B. taking C. taken D. had taken
7. Why should we find some A to the problems brought by TV? A. means B. way C. solution D. method
8. This region B at an average of 4,000 meters above sea level. A. lays B. lies C. locates D. places
9. I was ___ C_ _ to find his article on such an ___ _ _ topic so ___ __ .
A. surprised, excited, bored B. surprising, exciting, boring
C. surprised, exciting, boring D. surprising, excited, bored
10. He ___ B __ his book on the desk last night. A. lie B. laid C. lay D. lain
11. Although they are brothers, they are entirely __ B __ each other .
A. get along well with B. different from
C. satisfied with D. ashamed of
12. Hardly __ C __ the classroom when the class began.
A. he had entered B. he entered
C. had he entered D. he was entered
13. Come here and give me a ___ D ___.
A. help B. hands C. support D. hand
14. This post card is sent by _ B ___.
A. a friend of father B. a friend of my father's
C. my father friend D. my father friend's
15. It’s foolish to A your time.
A. waste B. leave over C. spend D. damage
16. With a school record like a young woman, ?? why didn’t you try for a university scholarship?