1. D_______ in her most beautiful skirt, the girl drew all the men’s attention at the party. 【dressed】
2. He insisted on us/our taking effective m________ to solve the problem.【measures】
3.Sometimes, we can’t help being p__________ to buy something we don’t need while shopping.【persuaded】
4.There are problems r__________ to be settled. 【remaining】
5. The storm left, causing a lot of d______ to this area.【damage】
6. Eating too much fat can c_____________ to heart disease and cause high blood pressure.【contribute】
7.The bell rang, a________ the end of the class.【announcing】
8. He quickly jumped into the cold river and saved the d________ boy.【drowning】
9.We listened to the teacher attentively, with our eyes f______ on the screen.【fixed】
10. To be i____________ from his parents, he took a part-time job.【independent】
11. He is a_________ to the old sick woman who adopted him after he was abandoned by his biological parents.【attending】
12.Few men have direct a_____ to the President.【access】
13.His vacation freed him from the s______ of his job.【stress】
14.We u_____ the equality of nations, big or small.【urge】
15.Please a________ an appointment for me with the manager.【arrange】
16.Gorge is the very boy who can be r______ upon.【relied】
17.The company decided to locate its b________ in Shanghai.【branch】
18.Your tips seem to be of great b_______ to me.【benefit】
19.His father f_______ him to go hiking,which upset him a lot.【forbade】
20.His poor handwriting put him at a d__________【disadvantage】
21.Young t_______ I am ,I already know what career to follow.【though】
22.While I admit that the problem is difficult, I don’t think it can’t be s________.【solved】
23.Many a time has he give me a h_____ when I was in trouble.【hand】
24.Only by learning to live in h______ with nature can we save the earth.【harmony】
25.W______ international cooperation, developing countries cannot proper, nor will sustainable development be possible.【without】
26.Their d_______ is that their wages should be increased.【demand】
27.P______ at the meeting were the manager, all the designers and the writer.【present】
28.Far be it from me to interfere in your a_______ but I would like to give you only a piece of advice.【affairs】
29.As far as I’m c__________, chatting online is a waste of time any money.【concerned】
30.He did take great p_______ to help me.【pains】
31.Whether it will do us harm or good r_______ to be seen. 【remains】
32. One of the men held the v____ that what the book said was right.【view】
33. I have some difficulty f______ out this maths problem. Could you give me some help?【figuring】
34. Children under sixteen are not l_____ allowed to buy cigarettes.【legally】
35.C__________bad weather conditions, we’ll have to spend some 500 days undertaking the construction.【considering】
36. Smoking too much may c_______ to lung cancer and cause other diseases. 【contribute】
37. The resort is easily a ______ by road, rail and air.【accessible】
38. Such a careless mistake might lead to a disastrous c_________.【consequence】
39. The President entered the hall, a__________ by his bodyguards. 【accompanied】
40. With more and more people out of work, the u____________ rate is on the increase.【unemployment】
41.He had h________ finished his explanation when the bell rang announcing the end of the class.【hardly】
42.They i________ us of the news immediately they got it.【informed】
43.After taking the medicine,I am none the better, so I have to c_______ the doctor again.【consult】
44.Every member of the party was to pay his own e_______.【expense】
45.It’s just like him to be r________ for what he has done.【responsible】
46.When it comes to playing computer games,he would be very excited and full of e______.【energy】
47.Mum!You’re out of shape, you have to be on a d___.【diet】
48.It’s up to you to babysit my son when I am away on b_________.【business】
49.It’s not unusual if there is a g__________ gap between teachers and students.【generation】
50.There h_______ to be no one in the room when the thief broke in.【happened】
1. be absent from…. 缺席，不在
2. absence of mind(=being absent-minded) 心不在焉
3. absorb(=take up the attention of)吸引…的注意力(被动语态):be absorbed in 全神贯注于…近:be engrossed in ; be lost in ; be rapt in ;be concentrated on ; be focused on ; be centered on
4. (be) abundant in(be rich in; be well supplied with) 富于,富有
5. access(to) (不可数名词) 能接近,进入,了解
6. by accident(=by chance, accidentally)偶然地,意外.Without accident(=safely) 安全地,
7. of one’s own accord(=without being asked; willingly; freely)自愿地 ,主动地
8. in accord with 与…一致 . out of one’s accord with 同….不一致
9. with one accord (=with everybody agreeing)一致地
10. in accordance with (=in agreement with) 依照,根据
11. on one’s own account
1) 为了某人的缘故, 为了某人自己的利益
2) (=at one’s own risk) 自行负责
3) (=by oneself)依靠自己
on account 赊账; on account of 因为; on no account不论什么原因也不;of …account 有…..重要性.
12. take…into account(=consider)把...考虑进去
13. give sb. an account of 说明, 解释 (理由)
14. account for (=give an explanation or reason for) 解释, 说明.
15. on account of (=because of) 由于,因为.
16. on no account(=in no case, for no reason)绝不要,无论如何不要(放句首时句子要倒装)
17. accuse…of…(=charge…with; blame sb. for sth. ; blame sth. on sb. ; complain about) 指控,控告
18. be acquainted with(=to have knowledge of) 了解; (=to have met socially) 熟悉
19. act on 奉行,按照…行动; act as 扮演; act for 代理
20. adapt oneself to(=adjust oneself to) 使自己适应于
21. adapt…(for) (=make sth. Suitable for a new need) 改编, 改写(以适应新的需要)
22. in addition (=besides) 此外, 又, 加之
23. in addition to(=as well as, besides, other than)除…外
24. adhere to (=abide by, conform to, comply with, cling to, insist on, persist in, observe, opinion, belief ) 粘附; 坚持, 遵循
25. adjacent(=next to, close to) 毗邻的, 临近的
26. adjust..(to) (=change slightly)调节; 适应;
27. admit of (=be capable of, leave room for) …的可能，留有…的余地.
28. in advance (before in time) 预告, 事先.
29. to advantage 有利的,使优点更加突出地.
30. have an advantage over 胜过.
have the advantage of 由于…处于有利条件
have the advantage of sb.知道某人所不知道的事
31. take advantage of (=make the best of, utilize, make use of, profit from, harness)利用.
32. agree with 赞同(某人意见) agree to 同意
33. in agreement (with) 同意, 一致
34. ahead of 在…之前, 超过…;…. ahead of time 提前.
35. in the air 1)不肯定, 不具体. 2)在谣传中.
36. above all (=especially, most important of all) 尤其是, 最重要的.
我的英语词汇也很少，自从上了高中几乎没背过单词，但是高考我的英语成绩是115分，我的经验或许能帮助你。 我初中英语成绩很好，一般都考90分以上。于是自以为底子厚，到高中就懒惰了，就几乎没背过任何单词。到高三时英语一度只考70多分，超级差了。在高考的压力下，我便开始努力提高英语。每次练习我都认真做，虽然单词几乎全不认识，但我还是努力的猜到底哪个会是正确的。老师公布答案后我就认真听老师讲的每一个单项选择，思考自己这个题为啥猜对了、那个题为啥猜错了。至于完形填空和阅读理解我都不管，因为平时练习的阅读理解题没高考题正规，有的题的解题思路傻--B的让我不能接受。而完形填空几乎可以看成是多个单项选择的结合题。 所以我只把每次练习的单项选择弄透，觉得有必要记得就记在专门的本子上。这样久了，我就慢慢从猜答案变成靠自己积累的解题经验来做题了，而且就算碰见不会的题，我猜对的概率也大大增加。甚至到后来我经常问人家英语的那个女生都来问我这个题当时怎么做的，我说猜的~ 完形填空就是结合上下文意思的单项选择，阅读理解就是结合短文的单项选择。平时小练习的阅读理解有的不正规，但对历年高考真题里的阅读要重视、多拿来练习，那个绝对正规。阅读时把自己对每段的理解写在旁边以便读完做题时寻找方便。 作文要分段写，字迹要工整，前几句千万别有错误，中间的就放松些，但字一定要练的不难看才行。 其他的好像没了，总之踏实学习才是正途，我的经历仅供参考。话说我现在大学英语还是很差，不想背单词啊..